The UK Rivers Guidebook
UK Sea Kayak Guidebook
Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
Create an account
River Guides to Southern Uplands of Scotland.
River Clyde - Garrion Weir
(Garrion Weir) - a recently discovered spot.
Easy White Water / Touring River
River Almond (Edinburgh)
River Avon - A801 to Linlithgow
River Nith - Mennock to Glen Airlie Picnic Site
(Mennock to Glen Airlie Picnic Site) - easier than the lower section.
River North Esk - Penicuik to the Sea
- mostly grade I/II one grade III fall at Roslin Lee.
River South Esk
- mostly grade I/II but weirs.
River Teviot - Martin's Bridge to Riverside Caravan Park
(Martin's Bridge to Riverside Caravan Park) - easy whitewater near Hawick.
River Tweed - Fairnilee Farm to St Boswells
(Fairnilee Farm to St Boswells)
River Tweed - Kelso to Berwick on Tweed
(Kelso to Berwick on Tweed)
River Tweed - Peebles to Peel
(Peebles to Peel)
River Tweed - Peel to Fairnilee Farm
(Peel to Fairnilee Farm) - Including Fairnilee Rapids.
River Tweed - St. Boswells to Kelso
(St Boswells to Kelso) - including Makerstoun Rapids.
River Tyne - Haddington to the Sea
- East Lothian touring river.
- Borders river with harder rapids.
River Yarrow - Yarrowford to General's Brig
Water of Deuch
Water of Leith - Balerno to Stockbridge
(Balerno to Stockbridge) - touring on Edinburgh's river. (photos)
Intermediate / Advanced Whitewater
Big Water of Fleet
Cairn Water - Irongrey Church to the Nith confluence
- A tributary of the River Nith,
- grade 3(4) near Dumfries
North Sannox Water
River Clyde - Falls of Clyde
River Doon - Ness Glen
River Esk - Scottish Borders
River Ettrick - Ettrickbridge to Selkirk
River Ettrick - Upper Section
- fantastic tight and twisting grade 2/3
River Nethan - Holmhead Farm to Crossford
River Nith - Glen Airlie Picnic Site to Drumlanrig Bridge
- a great intermediate trip that holds it's water well.
Water of Girvan
Water of Minnoch - Stroan Bridge to Brogan Bridge
Very Dificult / Extream Whitewater
- a short painful stream. (photos)
- steep burn near the Megget.
- a narrow waterfall burn. (photos)
- very short, very steep. (photos)
River Black Water
- possibly unrun...
Water of Minnoch - Palgowan Bridge to Stroan Bridge
(upper section) - a hard trip in SW Scotland.
Photos of rivers in the Southern Uplands of Scotland.
River Updates Southern Uplands Scotland
Lanarkshire river Avon 2 new fish passes
- andrewb94 2016 Oct 27 06:27:46 PM [0 replies]
- Mark R 2016 Oct 14 01:47:19 AM [0 replies]
- Mark R 2016 Oct 14 01:47:09 AM [0 replies]
- Mark R 2016 Oct 14 01:47:03 AM [0 replies]
River Doon - Ness Glen
- Ewankennedy 2016 Oct 11 07:30:48 PM [2 replies]