The UK Rivers Guidebook
UK Sea Kayak Guidebook
Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
Create an account
River Guides to the North East of Scotland
Easy White Water / Touring River
- easy with a hard gorge.
River Dee - Above Braemar to Potarch
(Above Braemar to Potarch) - a beautiful and royal(!) river.
River Dee - Banchory to Aberdeen
(Banchory to Aberdeen)
River Dee - Potarch to Banchory
(Potarch to Banchory) - a good beginner trip
- adventurous tributary of the Feugh near Banchory.
- Easy River Spey tributary.
River Spey - Ballindalloch to Tandhu Distillery
- a good easy trip with distilleries on hand!
- a tributary of the River Spey
Intermediate / Advanced Whitewater
Allt a' Gharbh Choire
- a steep River Clunie tributary.
Allt Mor (and Cas Burn)
(and Allt Mor) - A bizarre Cairngorm ditch. (photos)
- a spate stream feeding the River Clunie.
- a great Grade 4 river draining the Cairngorms. (photos)
- a short trip through Braemar.
- A Tributary to the Findhorn.
- a short trip near the Dee. (photos)
River Findhorn - Gorge
(Randolph's Leap to Mains of Sluie) - The best rapids. (photos)
River Findhorn - Middle section
(Logie Bridge to Randolph's Leap) grade 2/3 suitable for novices
River Findhorn - Top section to Dulsie Bridge
(Top section to Dulsie Bridge) - a classic east coast river, divided into sections.
River Findhorn - Upper Section
(Dulsie Bridge to Ardclach) A nice grade 3 run with two harder rapids
River North Esk - Tribs to Dalbrack Bridge
(Upper Section) - for when the North Esk is high. (photos)
River North Esk -Scout Camp to Edzell
- one of the best Grade 4 trips in Scotland. (photos)
- a spate Spey tributary near Kingussie.
- a good grade 2/3 with a gorge to finish
Very Dificult / Extream Whitewater
- a short steep ditch near the River Findhorn...
- a Dee tributary in the Queen's back garden. (photos)
- a short scary Dee tributary. (photos)
River Muick - Falls of Muick
- the name seems to say it all, another tough Deeside paddle.
- steep and very narrow (photos)
Photos of rivers of the North East of Scotland
River Updates North East Scotland
- Mark Gawler 2016 Dec 02 07:57:50 PM [0 replies]
- Mark Gawler 2016 Dec 02 07:57:42 PM [0 replies]
Blockage on the River Don near Montgarrie
- ian johnston 2016 Apr 30 06:51:33 PM [0 replies]
- LSmith4285 2016 Mar 24 12:58:13 PM [7 replies]
- Kizzie_St-As 2016 Feb 12 11:02:07 PM [1 reply]