Kadoma

Inland paddling
DaveWortley

Kadoma

Post by DaveWortley »

Find yourself 42minutes to watch this film without any other interruptions. It's the story about one of the greatest paddlers ever, Hendri Coetzee, and the sad story about his final trip. Deeply moving,

nick 16

Re: Kadoma

Post by nick 16 »

Hendri's blog http://greatwhiteexplorer.blogspot.com/ is a great read full of his thoughts and philosophy, this also is really emotive you can really tell how he felt about the events in his life he wrote about.

Peace.

Nick
Nicholas Ball

purelandexpeditions.com

Post by purelandexpeditions.com »

Hendri, he adventures are spoken about around the globe, I hope the memory never dies.

Om shanti.

D
Raft Kayak Trek Explore
purelandexpeditions.com

Dan Glasscoe

Post by Dan Glasscoe »

Amazingly beautiful piece of film work about an inspiring person, it brought a tear to my eye. People can learn a lot from this man. I'm glad this has put on vimeo for everyone to see. Truly magical.

Dan

purelandexpeditions.com

Post by purelandexpeditions.com »

purelandexpeditions.com wrote:Hendri, he adventures are spoken about around the globe, I hope the memory never dies.

Om shanti.

D
obviously should read - Hendri, the adventures are spoken about around the globe, I hope the memoery never dies.

Pioneer indeed.
Raft Kayak Trek Explore
purelandexpeditions.com

Dave T

Post by Dave T »

What a guy he was. Amazing inspiring video.

wezzzy

Post by wezzzy »

It has now been made private.

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

wezzzy wrote:It has now been made private.
That's a shame - I still have the last 10mins to watch!

DaveWortley

Post by DaveWortley »

I was very surprised to see it online, it was entered for the mountain film festival and they put it online for everyone to see, I'm sure Ben wouldn't want everyone to see it for free when they're selling it for $25 on the Jackson site. I for one will definitely be buying it now.

joereadickins

Post by joereadickins »

Scumbag_Scout wrote:I was very surprised to see it online, it was entered for the mountain film festival and they put it online for everyone to see, I'm sure Ben wouldn't want everyone to see it for free when they're selling it for $25 on the Jackson site. I for one will definitely be buying it now.
Or $5.99 on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/kadoma/id477406805

andrew butler 101

Post by andrew butler 101 »

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of Hendri's tragic passing, I'm pretty sure thats why it was up for that day only. It's still available on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/kadoma/id477406805 more than worth the $5.99 price tag.

Andy

scottdog007

Post by scottdog007 »

I downloaded it from a works machine so I could see it later without all the buffering problems. :-) I started to watch it then one of the bosses came in and I had to shut it down, but looked good. I'm looking forward to seeing it tonight.

SimonMW

Post by SimonMW »

It was a really good piece, ultimately heartfelt. I can't even begin to imagine what they were going through when Hendri was taken. In fact those final understated images on the river stick out in my memory as some of the most poignant I have seen in a documentary.

Simon Westgarth

Post by Simon Westgarth »

Hey Guys, does it have the footage from the attack? I understand that there is some of the footage around, and in knowing Henri a little, I would prefer not to see this.

alexpethybridge

Post by alexpethybridge »

Simon,

It may contain some footage, there are some shots of Hendri's boat right at the end. However, one of the other paddlers mentions that they didn't get any footage of the crocodile or the attack, and certainly nothing of that sort appears in the film.

On another note, I only heard of Hendri yesterday, when the video was posted up. I then spent all evening reading his blog, very humbling, a truely inspirational man.

"Some days are diamonds"
Some days are diamonds

Hendri Coetzee

AlexHolt

Post by AlexHolt »

For those of you who haven't read it, I highly recommend the Outside Online article

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-ad ... l?page=all

The Drowned Fish

Post by The Drowned Fish »

Has access been removed to this? I keep being told it's a private video and I can't view it.

Simon

DaveWortley

Post by DaveWortley »

It was posted online by a Film Festival, looks like the boys that made it didn't want to showed to the public just yet, especially as it's for sale on the Jackson site, and on ITunes. Well worth the money and can totally understand why it's been removed.

Lowri Davies

Post by Lowri Davies »

Simon Westgarth wrote:Hey Guys, does it have the footage from the attack? I understand that there is some of the footage around, and in knowing Henri a little, I would prefer not to see this.
Simon, the film briefly shows Hendri's upside-down kayak wiggling a bit on headcam from one of the other two then their panicked paddle away. It's heart-wrenching stuff, but very tastefully done. You will probably not want to be alone if you watch it and perhaps line up something happy for afterwards!

clarky999

Post by clarky999 »

So apparently this is only on iTunes US, and with a UK billing address I can't buy from there... How did you guys get around this?

DanH

Post by DanH »

clarky999 wrote:So apparently this is only on iTunes US, and with a UK billing address I can't buy from there... How did you guys get around this?

You can buy it here too: http://store.jacksonkayak.com/products/Kadoma.html

jmmoxon

Post by jmmoxon »

Not sure if it's still on itunes, but definitely no longer on Jackson, someone else has uploaded it:

http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”