WHITSUNDALE BECK

North of the Trent drainage, flowing to the North Sea
Jim Pullen

WHITSUNDALE BECK

Post by Jim Pullen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:50 am

Done any NE/NW rivers not on the site? PM me!

Jim Pullen

Re: WHITSUNDALE BECK

Post by Jim Pullen » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Ran this today for the first time, bit of a giggle and worthwhile addition to upper swale. The horizon lines are interesting when you don't know what's coming!For reference Park Bridge gauge on the Swale was at 1.1m and it wouldn't have gone much lower than this.
Done any NE/NW rivers not on the site? PM me!

geyrfugl

Post by geyrfugl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 pm

There's a video at

with the Swale at about 1.2m, continuing on down to the Upper Swale, but I only ran Wainwath and Rainby before a certain amount of mutiny in the ranks ensured that most of us walked out... pity, as I was definitely feeling invincible after my roll up on Whitsundale :-(

Andy

07garnettn

Post by 07garnettn » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Ran this today with the Swale at a 2.3. Having little knowledge of the run other than the put-in and the get out it was definitely very interesting. The first 3 drops mentioned merged into one with trees choking each bank. The bottom although looks relitvely flushy managed to backloop a large recon. Àfter that the horizon lines came thick and fast with alot of blind corners to add some spice. For somebody who hasn't run it before I'd say at this level the consequences of a swim would probably bump up the grade a little on the top half. Once the river opens up its a nice run down to the Swale. A truelly awesome little run.