RIVER WYE (Hereford to Ross on Wye)

From the Warwickshire Avon in the south, to the Trent in the north
Mark R

RIVER WYE (Hereford to Ross on Wye)

Post by Mark R » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Mark Thompson

Re: RIVER WYE (Hereford to Ross on Wye)

Post by Mark Thompson » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:24 pm

This section can also be spit up so that it is not so long. i have taken many friends on trips from Hoarswithy to Ross, and from Monmouth to Hoarwithy. Ther eis a pub and campsite with good parcking and makes the trip much more accessable for non or new paddlers. There is still plenty of variation to landscape and small rapids/ riffles to keep some challange. Both section take apprx 3-4 hours slow paddling. Fishermen are ok and generally courtious. This is far less busy than other sections so well worth a trip to explore and get away to be adventourous without being so isolated it puts off new paddlers.
Mark Thompson
(Outdoor Performance Coaching).

cydermaiden

Re: River Wye - Hereford to Ross on Wye

Post by cydermaiden » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:00 am

UPDATE ON BOAT TRANSFERS ON RIVER WYE
I did a solo trip down the Wye recently. The service to use if you're planning a trip anywhere on the Wye below Glasbury now is KENNY'S TAXIS. He picked me and the boat up in Monmouth, took me to Ross and helped get the boat and the kit down to the launch point, all for £25. The equivalent (non-boat transfer) taxi would have cost £20, but it would have taken much longer to get on the water and I wouldn't have got the help moving the boat. Kenny also transports road and mountain bike - he's an avid cyclist and easily the happiest and most helpful person I've met in ages! His number is 07828 882432; Email kennystaxis@live.co.uk.