River Lugg - Presteigne to Confluence with the River Wye

From the Warwickshire Avon in the south, to the Trent in the north
Mark R

River Lugg - Presteigne to Confluence with the River Wye

Post by Mark R » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Last edited by Mark R on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

jamesmcy

Re: RIVER LUGG (Presteigne to Confluence with the River Wye)

Post by jamesmcy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Paddled from Mortimer cross to Leominster on the 9th of November.encountered more fallen trees that I cared to remember with quite a few of them going across the whole river creating some nasty strainers. it toke us a long to complete the section as the trees where down along the whole section some less than 100m apart also there is at lest one in a weirs.

Kinz252

Post by Kinz252 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi. Just back from completing some of this run. Leominster to Morton on lugg. Trees blockading the rivers between Bodnam and Mardon was rediculess but just about doable with two strong men. ( now in absolute bits) see hell of a lot of kingfishers on this trip and even a goldfish swam past us! Would avoid the areas of trees in high water as hitting them at speed could be very Dangorus. We got out at Morton on lugg wasn't the easiest as large fence has now been placed near the bridge.

bluewood

Post by bluewood » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:50 pm

I paddled the Leominster to Morton on Lugg section on 10 9 16 in my solo Canadian and found it very hard work. Endless low bushes and fallen trees and even a log jam blockage I had to portage with difficulty. After 8 hours paddling I had had enough and pulled out at Morton, luckily the friendly land owner was there and let me exit over his land (the old pumping station), and then gave me a lift back to Leominster.
I would not recommend this stretch to anyone, a touring river it is not!