Tragic accident in the Sound of Luing.^

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
Douglas Wilcox

Tragic accident in the Sound of Luing.^

Post by Douglas Wilcox » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:17 am

BBC Radio Scotland has just reported the very sad news that a young male canoeist has died from hypothermia after getting into difficulties in the Sound of Luing. His companion is in hospital also suffering from hypo thermia. I trust his recovery is swift and all of us will feel for his companion's family and friends in their time of loss.

Douglas

waltfos

sad news

Post by waltfos » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:33 am

Simon Willis

Post by Simon Willis » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:31 pm

BBC Radio Scotland (not BBC Online) now reporting:
"It's believed that the canoeists had attempted to cross an area known as the Dorus Mor off the Argyll coast when the weather turned and their kayaks overturned in choppy waters. The pair held on to one of the vessels for around an hour until they were rescued by two passing boats and then airlifted by RAF helicopter to Lorne and Islands District General Hospital in Oban."
Very, very sad.

Hila

Post by Hila » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:36 pm

Certainaly a sad sad day, both the guys were good friends of my brother, my brother is currently at Oban Hospital awaiting news. The guy who didnt make it back was very close to my bro, I had the pleasure of meeting at my brothers wedding last year, he was full of character and charm. I know my brothers community is a very strong one and he will be missed, I will pass on your condolences to his family and friends.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:04 pm

Best wishes to your brother Hila as he supports his friend - and condolences to the family of the guy who didn't make it back.

Keep strong - Mike.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:27 pm

Update here

Mike