New to the forum from wareham - update on piddle

The Somerset Frome and Dorset Stour and westwards
The_Kilt

New to the forum from wareham - update on piddle

Post by The_Kilt »

Hi, new to the forum and returning to kayaking. Purchased a two person sit on top for my daughter (6) and I, As we only live 10 minutes walk from the quay.
Set off yesterday from the quay On the Frome and went out into wareham channel then back up the Piddle Up to the weir by the railway line. Was going well until starting to approach the first brigade in Wareham (north street), where for about 500m plenty of fallen trees to navigate through. We set off just after high tide in wareham, so the tide was going out. If it was full tide much of it wouldn’t be paddled due to the height of the trees.
Then after going under north bridge, the lane to take is on the left but VERY overgrown and barely recognisable. Need to go past the Autopoint garage and mill house. After that the usual fall too trawl up and then further fallen trees. One of which I had to hop off and push it through it was so low.
Will be doing a lot more around the area, and hoping to get out into the harbour to visit Brownsea and maybe paddle around to Swanage when I get some more safety gear.

Return to “England - Southwest”