For sale: 2 grp sea kayaks, Trylon

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
PeteB

For sale: 2 grp sea kayaks, Trylon

Post by PeteB »

2 kayaks built in my garage around 10 years ago using Trylon mould from mid 1970s. 1 layer woven Diolen, 1 layer glass mat, local reinforcement on keel etc. Bulkheads, PU buoyancy, front and rear hatches. Clearing the garage as moving too far from the sea. Collect from Dumfries area. £120 each, £200 for both.

P4ddy

Re: For sale: 2 grp sea kayaks, Trylon

Post by P4ddy »

Dumfries, spelt Southampton? Perfect 👍 I know nothing but they look good for home made

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

PeteB, do you know what the model name is? I think Trylon had moulds for a Sea King and a Sea Hawk - they look more the latter?

PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Hi Chris, when i built them i thought they were Sea Kings because that was the only Trylon version i was aware of, however, when i was out paddling with someone they suggested that they were the Sea Hawks. I have the mould still (which i have posted as free for someone who can come and collect it) but it does not identify the model

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

Thanks, Pete, the Sea King has definite chines, ie, the bottom and the sides meet at a corner. The Sea Hawk is rounded in cross section, with a long narrow bow and the widest point behind the cockpit.

PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Hi Chris, thanks for that. Certainly no chines on these and in front of the cockpit the cross section is very rounded. Initial stability is a little intimidating for the uninitiated, but the secondary stability is not bad. long narrow bow is a delight through the waves, and it rolls well when needed as it is reasonably low behind the cockpit

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

Thanks, Pete, that all fits with my recollection of the Sea Hawk. I was asking mainly because a friend might be interested in the mould. I think the boats would be a good bargain for somebody like P4ddy, apart from the distance in his case.

P4ddy

Post by P4ddy »

Yea, bummer eh. Bit gutted really, nice bright colour aswell which I like for visibility.

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”