Alaskan sea kayak expedition boat

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
dougoutcanoe

Alaskan sea kayak expedition boat

Post by dougoutcanoe »

I have an an Alaskan sea kayak for sale. Made by McNulty. It is in sea worthy condition but not too pretty, due to underside wear. Many more years in her, sad to be giving up on sea paddling. Yours for £350 and collection only from Southport, UK.

Image photo taken April 2018.

Due to health problems I have stopped sea paddling and now content with open canoe on inland waters. I last used her in 2018.

I have paddled the Alaskan for about 20 yrs, on expeditions on the west coast of Scotland inc the Outer Hebrides. A good paddling speed and large carrying capacity. Very stable and I found her a great photography platform. together we coped with some rough conditions.

2 large hatches, loads of space for an easy 2 week expedition and if you pack lighter than me maybe a month or more. Hatches are reasonably watertight although in rough conditions I find a small amount of water ingress.

Rudder with foot operated steering

Built in deck compass.

Large foot operated pump.

I removed the foam bulkheads and replaced the rear with glass fibre and the front with marine ply, epoxy/glass and a screw in hatch for easy access to the pump and steering pedals.

I will throw in a touring spray deck and another old deck (complete with signs of damaged by an otter). The otter story was an incident where I used the spraydeck as a cover to keep sand or rain out of the cockpit. On the east coast of Skye an otter decided to investigate our boats. My deck was ripped while my friends cockpit cover was lost to the wind or the otter is wearing it as a cape!

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”