Teksport Rockhopper 340 info

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
Amym

Teksport Rockhopper 340 info

Post by Amym »

Hi all,

I'm interested in purchasing a Teksport Rockhopper 340 and found this website through a search for a review.

I came across a few old posts on this site which gave good reviews however, I seem to be unable to find any current information on this particular kayak. Do the makers of this Kayak still exist?

Some of the old posts I read mentioned about various tweaks that members had made to the kayak and wondered if finding spares for this kayak would be tricky?

Thanks!
Amy

rockhopper

Re: Teksport Rockhopper 340 info

Post by rockhopper »

Hi Amy,

I had one when I first started kayaking. They were bulletproof in terms of construction however they are very heavy. You would also be very wise to make sure you got one with bulkheads as there is a lot of space to fill up with water if you don't. I also found it a bit of a monster to try to roll. Really liked the boat at the time but would not be keen to paddle one now. See if you can get a go in one first before considering buying one....pretty sure that they are no longer made so but most of any replaceable bits can be sorted with other off the shelf pieces from other manufacturers.

Rog.

Chas C

Post by Chas C »

Amy - the plastic is and gets very brittle, take a good look over the back deck and around the boat for hairline cracks.

GEOFF S

Post by GEOFF S »

I would second the comment about the weight. I had one for a while but the prospect of getting it on and off the van contributed to it's lack of
use. If you can get one dirt cheap and can cope with the weight it might be worth a punt.