Finally - Got My P&H Cetus

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
Northern Blue

Finally - Got My P&H Cetus

Post by Northern Blue »

Since joining the forum back in 2013, I’ve always wanted a Cetus, but things like a divorce and house moves kept getting in the way of the budget and I’ve had many happy paddling hours out of both my MkI and MkII Scorpios in the meantime.

I tried a fair few other boats and nearly made the change to Rockpool, but kept coming back to the Cetus, enjoying a friend’s MV and HV more than any of the other boats I tried. My biggest dilemma was deciding between the two sizes, as I’m probably right in the middle weight wise. If I travel light, the MV is perfect, if I want to carry a bit more, the HV was better and won out in the end.

I opted for the latest Cetus Infusion and as much as I’m biaised as I specced the colour options, it looks great in my living room ;-) and until Storm Ciara and the following snow has gone, that’s likely to be as far as it gets, while I set it up (too cold in the garage).

Beryl

Re: Finally - Got My P&H Cetus

Post by Beryl »

“ it looks great in my living room ;-) ”

When my wife was still infatuated I used to keep a spare motorbike behind the sofa. Happy days! Currently in negotiations
about hanging my kayak from the kitchen ceiling whilst the epoxy cures. It’s not going well.....
Growing old disgracefully

Northern Blue

Post by Northern Blue »

One of the few benefits of having my own place, however, I got engaged a couple of weeks back, so that might end soon ;-)

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

Currently in negotiations about hanging my kayak from the kitchen ceiling whilst the epoxy cures
At my wife's suggestion, I fitted hooks in the hall ceiling for exactly that purpose. She is quite happy having a boat in the house, provided she doesn't have to step over it all the time. Then again, sometimes it might be her boat.

Gordon Gilzean

Post by Gordon Gilzean »

Congrats on the new boat, I love the cetus model, I have the cetus lv which suits me perfect as a lighter paddler, this boat handles everything you put it through, I'm relatively new to sea kayaking and its really lets me push my limits with confidence safely, it feels stable in every condition I've had it in ( upto force 6) and surfing, it'll go fast a to b, surf in waves and glide through tide races, all that and with enough space for a week away, I know people say one boat can't do it all but I think the cetus comes damn close.

SJD

Post by SJD »

This thread needs pictures.

Northern Blue

Post by Northern Blue »

SJD wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 pm
This thread needs pictures.
With Storm Dennis following so close to the heels of Ciara, I’ve not got any pics on the water as yet, but I did grab a pic before bringing it away from P&H....

SJD

Post by SJD »

Gorgeous!!