Karitek ELRR probably a common question

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
seawolf856

Karitek ELRR probably a common question

Post by seawolf856 »

I know loads of you have the ELRR from Karitek and it must be a very common question about which roof racks they fit to. I am buying the new narrow width 1300mm version of the ELRR and I want to fit it to a Ford Tourneo connect which has factory fitted roof rails. The Tourneo connect and the Transit connect are the small versions of the Ford vans so the roof rails are the same. Does anybody know if the universal fitting kit supplied with the ELRR will fix directly to the roof rails or do I have to buy cross bars (Thule or similar) so that the ELRR can then be fixed using the ‘T’ rails.
Please don’t suggest I contact Karitek, they didn’t know the answer :-(

DaveB

Re: Karitek ELRR probably a common question

Post by DaveB »

According to the karritek website Code EL1300-FK37-2 is for mounting on crossbars. so if you are buying this product you will need some sort ofo crosss bar system. The product for rail mounting seems to be 160 cm wide rather than 130 but would this be what you actually need? ( Can't specifically say what will or will not fit to your vehicle i am afraid).

Northern Blue

Post by Northern Blue »

If you don’t get the answer from the forum, you might need to arrange a run out to their workshop in Ayrshire.

I had a similar problem with a motorhome a few years ago, due to the variation of roof fittings across the range. I took the van from NE England to Coylton and it’s just as well I did, as the rack couldn’t be fitted. Time and fuel well spent in my case.

No issues with the current van conversion, they’d had them through before, so I booked it straight in to get one fitted.

seawolf856

Post by seawolf856 »

Thanks very much for the replies guys. In the 21st century you would think a roof rack would be a simple enough task to sort out. A visit to the Thule website proves how wrong you can be!!
Looks like I’ll just have to fit Ford cross bars and hope for the best.

mintokames

Post by mintokames »

I don't own a van, but am aware that Wellhouse Leisure do conversions on Tourneo's, and fit Karitek racks. Not much to lose by asking ..

https://wellhouseleisure.com/our-brands ... r-le-tour/

I've no connection with either company ....