Whitewater paddling in Europe

Commercial services
rafterman

Whitewater paddling in Europe

Post by rafterman »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anybody had any recommendations on a whitewater paddling provider in Europe?

I’m hoping to get some whitewater mileage to prepare me for the 4/5 star WW courses (or today’s equivalent) in the UK. Preferably I’d like to spend a week in the alps paddling with a guide. Any suggestions what I should consider, please?

Cheers.

MightTower

Re: Whitewater paddling in Europe

Post by MightTower »

Hi
can you say when you want to do this trip to the alps?
Are you Looking for private guiding or is a group okay as well?
I am not familiar with the UK WW star system but know some kayak schools and trip providers (and did courses by them) and might be able to give some hints.
Best regards
Marc

Simon Westgarth

Post by Simon Westgarth »

For the last 18 years, Gene17Kayaking has been running trips and guiding across Europe. We start the season in Slovenia & Greece, then Corsica for early spring creeking, and then on to Piemonte in Italy for more slides and drops. Come June we head to the French Alps and then on to Norway for the whole summer.

If you are looking for Class 3 paddling, Slovenia & the French Alps is the best locations, more Class 3/4, then Norway for our Sjoa Progressive trip or an earlier week in the French Alps. If you'd like to go steeper, then our spring Piemonte Steep Creeking or summer Norway Creeking trips are just the ticket. Our trips are offered as either as an all inclusive package or coaching only options. Check out what we do, and contact us if you like what we do.

Regards

Simon Westgarth

MrJensBlond

Post by MrJensBlond »

Hey rafterman,

I can recommend the Piemonte region in Northern Italy as well as the Tessin region in Switzerland and I think Gene17 is a good option to get guided tours in this wonderful and impressive area.
For an overview for the rivers, I linked two of my videos

Return to “Courses, Trips and Guiding”