Age range, beat this?

Inland paddling
stonercanoe

Age range, beat this?

Post by stonercanoe »

Can you beat this?
Paddled the Usk today, oldest 78, youngest 3, on a bit of grade 2 mainly grade 1.
75 year age difference! Can anyone beat that?
Jason.

eskapist

Re: Age range, beat this?

Post by eskapist »

Well done Jason 👍. Definitely not me, I'm just a mere 75 and I doubt that having a baby is my 50 year old daughter's New Year resolution 😄😆😂🤣
Trev.

Jim

Post by Jim »

I certainly couldn't make a definite claim, but there are ranked slalom paddlers who have opted into the masters age groups in M75 and M80 (there may be other ranked paddlers who haven't opted in to masters and just race as seniors without giving their age away, or Veterans who also don't give away our ages) who tend to race in the lower divisions, where the youngest paddlers also race. Few race solo under about 6, but I can think of probably 3 kids who were racing in the front of a C2 at age 3 in the last coupld of years. I would think similar age ranges are acheived a few times a year at division 3 or 2/3 races, but to achieve it within a single club is really good going.
Within a single family would be really impressive, I think my dad and my nephew would only get 74 years, but my nephew hasn't yet shown any signs of wanting to paddle.

Poke

Post by Poke »

Jim wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:28 pm
Within a single family would be really impressive, I think my dad and my nephew would only get 74 years, but my nephew hasn't yet shown any signs of wanting to paddle.
Once (hopefully a when, not if) I get my kids on the water there will be a ~70 year gap between my dad and them :-)
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

Dave Manby

Post by Dave Manby »

Took me 73 year old dad and my 3 year old nephew down the Coruh in rafts and double a topo 15 years ago.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”