Tees Barrage Configuration

Inland paddling
Jerry Tracey

Tees Barrage Configuration

Post by Jerry Tracey » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:44 pm

I personally regret the loss of the Valentines Wave and would like to see its return. Am I alone in this? I know that many will possibly prefer the current retentive hole, but a feature of this type is already available at the Cruncher. In my view the course is at its best when a range of features is available, without any one opinion/preference dominating. What do other users think?

Best Wishes & Good Paddling!
Jerry.

Yew

Re: Tees Barrage Configuration

Post by Yew » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 pm

It's changed in the last 5 years? I am very suprised

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:06 am

I won't see it for another couple of weeks so not really able to comment.
I may be able to comment later, assuming I can still remember what it was like last year...

Sean_soup

Post by Sean_soup » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:40 am

Is there a map of the course that identifies the features by name? I know the place reasonably well but never have the foggiest idea what people are talking about on here.

Thanks to your post I do at least now know what the 'Valentine's Wave' was. I've only been the once since it changed - can't say that I'm really that bothered, I liked it as it was before, still quite like it now. (Sorry to be so wishy washy.)

Speaking of wishy washy, what bothered me more last time I was there was that the bottom half of the course was completely washed out for much of of the time I was there. Hours after low tide, the level in the bottom pool was high enough to paddle up into the end of the short course and still no pumps running.

LucyLou19

Post by LucyLou19 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Theres a new retentive hole? I might head back then! last time i was there, all the features were super duper flushy!

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”