Tiderace Xcite carbon/kevlar

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
Graham T

Tiderace Xcite carbon/kevlar

Post by Graham T » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 pm

After managing four days paddling last year and none this year I am reluctantly offering my Xcite for sale
This is made in carbon/kevlar construction, and has an adjustable full footplate adjustable seat position and ratchet adjustable comfortable back band.
There are the usual scratches on the hull but she is a very sound and strong kayak as to be expected from Tiderace
Skeg works smoothly
based Huntingdonshire
Great opportunity to buy a well built, sound kayak renowned for being able to play, as well as do both day and longer trips. I believe a young lady paddled around Ireland in the forerunner to the Xcite the Alaw Bach

£1550

Apologies for the images being upside down all attempts to rotate them were unsuccessful

Bear

Re: Tiderace Xcite carbon/kevlar

Post by Bear » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Interested...what's the age of boat and any dings/repairs?

Graham T

Post by Graham T » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Hello Bear I believe it was 2010 but won't swear to that and can not easily quickly check.
I had an identical kayak a few years ago back when I was trying and buying lots and greatly regretted selling it, so I bought this without hesitation as its replacement i think in March 2017. In particular I prefer the full footplate and seat adjustability.
I have worked professionally building high performance dinghies and was happy this was a sound kayak to buy. I removed an electric pump and fully reinstated things both structurally and cosmetically, I also added a strip layer of gel coat on the red quadrants for extra protection.
I used this Kayak alone for two weeks paddling the Cornish peninsula including in rough weather rolling etc with confidence, regrettably only four days last year in your part of the world and nothing in prospect for this year or I would not sell it.
I think the new equivalent is circa £3400 now to put it into perspective
I hope this helps

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Thank you Graham
I to had a Tiderace Xplore X and can vouch for the the build quality of that vintage of Tiderace and although regretful of selling it it was probably too big for my current needs. I will have to engineer a trip your way unless you venture south and west at any time?
What structual works were required post pump removal?
Regards
Guy

Graham T

Post by Graham T » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi your welcome,

As you will have noted I had problems posting pictures email me and I will see what photos I can send you directly, naturally all openings were prepped cleaned and backed using carbon, carbon/kevlar, west epoxy, all very neat strength returned and no weight penalty to speak of. in fact the kayak is lighter for removing the pump and associated tubes

grahamth1@gmail.com

Sorry but if I could get your way I wouldn't be selling

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Email sent

Bob Turner

Post by Bob Turner » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Graham
is this boat still for sale?
rgds Bob

Graham T

Post by Graham T » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi Bob, it is still for sale I have an interested party and will play fair with them. Contact me on grahamth1@gmail.com if you would like to discuss it further