Fence crossing river Dee, Corwen

Inland paddling
RichJ

Fence crossing river Dee, Corwen

Post by RichJ » Sat May 04, 2019 8:42 am

For river paddlers of the Dee.....
I'm sure paddlers will be aware of this but if not and you are planning to paddle the Dee near Corwen, please be aware there is a significant fence (multiple posts) crossing the river. I'm sorry not to be able to give grid refs. (No map with me) But the fence can be clearly seen from the A5, 0.7 miles East side of Corwen.

Rich

Adrian Cooper

Re: Fence crossing river Dee, Corwen

Post by Adrian Cooper » Tue May 07, 2019 10:47 am

Presumably the local paddlers will be on to the EA or Welsh equivalent to get this removed. A couple of trees up against that and you have a flooding issue that's apart from the H&S issue, maybe get the local HSE involved, there could be fines or prison involved!

davebrads

Re: Fence crossing river Dee, Corwen

Post by davebrads » Tue May 07, 2019 10:53 am

Adrian Cooper wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:47 am
Presumably the local paddlers will be on to the EA or Welsh equivalent to get this removed. A couple of trees up against that and you have a flooding issue that's apart from the H&S issue, maybe get the local HSE involved, there could be fines or prison involved!
I would have thought that if a tree gets caught up in it that will be the end of it, however the debris will be left dragging in the water to continue to be a safety issue, never mind it being an eyesore.
it's not a playboat, it's a river runner