Canyon Gear (boat bags) - sad news & opportunity

Inland paddling
UKRGB Moderator

Canyon Gear (boat bags) - sad news & opportunity

Post by UKRGB Moderator » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:28 pm

We've received the following sad message from Delia Ellard who has for many years been making and selling kayak bags. Please note that she won't be able to supply bags in future, but is offering to sell the equipment to someone who would like to carry on. Please contact her directly on the email addresses in the message (not on this thread) if you're interested in buying the kit. But if anyone does take over and is selling boat bags, feel free to post here for the information of the Community.
I'm Canyon Gear.
For many years I've produced kayak bags for hundreds of people with all types of kayaks. 2014 my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. I continued the first two years, carried on making the bags. January 2017 Jeff asked " who is coming to take us home". We were sitting in the lounge of our house.
From then on it took only six months, for our lives to change. Jeff was taken by ambulance to hospital, on 29th July. The ambulance driver said he would not be allowed back home as I wouldn't be safe any more. Jeff had become aggressive and attacked me.
So, sorry guys and girls I've not been able to make the bags since then.
Sorting out the house and garden takes all my time. I'm 71 years young, but struggling with a heart complaint. I'd like to sell my sewing kit to an up-and-coming coming youngster who would like to continue the bags. Is there anyone out there who thinks they could do the job. I've got contacts, fabric, machines, cutting tables etc.
Anyone interested email me delia.ellard3@googlemail.com or delia@canyongear.co.uk. It'll come to me. Thanks for all the support I had from you all for all the years.
Best wishes from UKRGB, Delia.

chicklechives

Re: Canyon Gear (boat bags) - sad news & opportunity

Post by chicklechives » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:44 pm

How sad, she was lovely to deal with and produced the best kit
And how generous to offer the kit and expertise.

Pat R

Post by Pat R » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm

I'm very sorry to here this. Delia is a lovely cheerful lady and Jeff was always there supporting her. She made great kit. I wish her well.

surfkayaks.com

Post by surfkayaks.com » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi Delia, have just seen this , been out of touch with what’s been happening in paddling world since I retired. So sorry to read about your husband. Thankyou for all the bags you made for Mega over the years.
Best wishes
Malcolm

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”