Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
Fulmar19

Wanted secondhand sea kayak - NE England

Post by Fulmar19 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Most makes and models considered - up to £800

Ken R

Re: Wanted secondhand sea kayak - NE England

Post by Ken R » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:31 am

I have Nordkapp Jubilee - haven't used it for 7 years, time to move it on. Has been stored in garage.

Fulmar19

Post by Fulmar19 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the response, do you have any pictures and an idea of price? Cheers Tom

Ken R

Post by Ken R » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi,

Since my posting I have had a couple of private messages showing an interest and therefore in fairness to all will share the same reply, namely:

I received your message about the Nordkapp.

I'll start with the easiest - I live in Wetherby and that's where the boat is stored.

It is based on the Nordkapp Jubilee and was made for me at Valley by a friend of a friend. It's yellow with a white hull and has compass fitted and elastic straps for a bottle between legs. It's a slightly lighter layup, although it never seemed it to me when I lifted it off roof rack!

Now the more difficult - price. I haven't set a price but it needs to be used. I have been unable to use it as I have been caring for my who has Alzheimer's. Although she is now in a care home, since a knee replacement I do not feel confident to use. So where to set it - in an attempt to get it used I would think £750 would be a fair price.

Condition - the boat was built in 2002. I've used it in the Outer Hebrides - two 2 week trips. A number of trips in the Oban area and a few weeks of trips around Pembroke coast. I used it around the Yorkshire coast - I set up and ran Yorkshire Sea Kayakers as part the Yorkshire Region of BCU (now Canoe England). So a fair amount of use for about for about 5 years and then just a few isolated outings as my Wife's Alzheimer's kicked in. The boat was last in the water about 7 or 8 years ago and that was a short river trip on the River Ouse. Since initial layup, a keel strip has been added - this was done by Mike Nelson, who owned North Shore until selling out to Valley - he then continued to work for them for a number of years. So to answer the key question about condition - it has the usual signs of the use detailed above, but is, in my opinion, in good condition. I have just checked the hull (boat hanging in garage) - there are a number of scratches. as you would expect, one short scratch could in time benefit from a small amount of gel coat.

I have not inspected further and am unable to take photos at the moment as the boat is hung high in garage and I am recovering from an hernia operation at the moment - not allowed to lift for another 3 or 4 weeks. If you are interested, I could arrange some photos in the near future or, if you are in this area, you are welcome to see it yourself.

Feel free to telephone, preferably not between 11:30 and 14:30 as I visit my Wife everyday at that time.

Ken
01937 588786
07939 131 171

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”