Long weekend in Norway

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
smurfster

Long weekend in Norway

Post by smurfster » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of short paddling trips in Norway? I've already made too many holiday plans this year so I'm running low on remaining days to take. I have three days left so can stretch to a five day trip including the weekend (but this needs to include flights). I'm going with a small group of friends who are intermediate paddlers and upwards. We are imagining Fjords but I haven't really done any research yet, I'm hoping I might be able to shortcut this step using the knowledge of you helpful folks. Happy with canoes or sea kayaks, bonus points for scenery and remoteness.

Thanks in advance,

Smurf

jmmoxon

Re: Long weekend in Norway

Post by jmmoxon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 am

Not Norway, but the islands around Stockholm have a lot of options.

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

JB-NL

Post by JB-NL » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:32 am

Would guess if you want to spent a minimum of time, you want to be rather sure (in some way) the whether allows you to paddle...
The coast of Norway has then some challenges....
Stockholm would be an option for sure. Nice area, no fjords or tide waves however., lot of islands to camp on.

Good luck!
JB
--==Never go faster than your Angel can fly==--

Dave Gorman

Post by Dave Gorman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 pm

May I suggest that you contact the West of Ireland Sea Kayak Association, a few of them did just that not too long ago. Their forum site is WISKA.IE. They are a good bunch and I'm sure they will be able to help you.

If you can't get hold of them for any reason feel free to contact me : Digger7315@gmail.com, I will be seeing and paddling with them this time next week when I am back in Ireland for a visit. ⚓🙂