South coast paddle buddies

Hook up with other paddlers
jackp

South coast paddle buddies

Post by jackp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Would be good if there is anyone near here ( chichester area ) which fancies regularly paddling.
I usually go out at least once a week for 2-4 hrs .I go out in most weather conditions for building up experience and fitness level.on rough seas I will take the sit on top though .looking to progress further Going onto Isle of Wight circumnavigation at some point . If anyone is intrested please message with email address.

John K

Re: South coast paddle buddies

Post by John K » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 am

Have you tried Portsmouth Canoe Club? They are very active in your area.

http://www.portsmouth-canoe-club.org

Big Les

Post by Big Les » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 pm

I'm in Seaford and do most weekends and am happy to meet half way, say worthing. Would love to have a go at the Isle of whyte with an overnight if that is feasible. I think it needs a lot of planning and plenty of fact finding from locals. Could catch up for a bimble near Arundel first. Shore forecast is not great for a while.

jackp

Post by jackp » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi seaford probably is a bit far (I'm near chichester) anyway I've been looking into IOW circumnavigation for a while and definitely want to do it sometime soon - for intermediate boaters I think 3 days is probably realistic .Did a bit of a look about down there the other week the west of the island can get very windy and choppy .could also go on sit on tops if if it looks like big swell

Big Les

Post by Big Les » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:55 am

Hi
I don't have sit on, my p&h capella sea kayak copes well with choppy seas but I think it's the tides I will have to study in detail. Work and family commitments are a bit heavy at the mo due to Xmas but I've got leave due and can book the odd day so I would be happy to venture to Chichester for a day's paddle to catch up and plan a iow trip.

Nick Gates

Post by Nick Gates » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Portsmouth Canoe Club is very welcoming. A lot of members come down from London area or some from Arundel way.
The IOW circumnavigation should be approached carefully, and done with a few others. The club has a trip next year over two days.
One club member went round this year in 9 hrs 45 mins!
Have a look at the club website. There are group trips every weekend, weds eve paddles all year, training and practice on a Monday night during the summer, and major trips all over the UK, France and the Baltic!