Difference between Stout + connect river

Inland paddling
FoxPollock

Difference between Stout + connect river

Post by FoxPollock » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi
I was looking at pyranha play boats and i noticed that the price is higher on the stout outfitting.
anyone got any ideas what the difference is and if it is worth it?
Thanks Fox

Northern Blue

Re: Difference between Stout + connect river

Post by Northern Blue » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:20 pm

I recently bought a Burn 3 with the Stout 2 outfitting, but as this is my first river boat, all I can say is that the ratchet system pretty much locks me in to the seat, compared to the looser fit in my sea kayak.

http://www.pyranha.com/outfitting.php

SPL

Post by SPL » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:43 am

I think stout is the latest design of connect + for the internal fittings and is the top end spec rather than the cheaper more basic club spec.
Hence a lot of connect + fitted boats are reduced...but i could be wrong I'm sure someone will confirm.

Cheers Simon

Chris C

Post by Chris C » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:29 am

The main differences are the Seats the Connect is the older style not as supportive as the Stout. I really like the Stout seats and find it more comfortable and more supportive so I can get a much comfier tighter fit with it, I also added quite a few foam shims under the seat to raise my hips inline with the cockpit rim to get more control from the slightest of body movements but is worth playing with as by increasing centre of gravity may feel a bit twitchy for some

Jim

Post by Jim » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:42 am

As I recall the Connect River outfitting is lighter because it doesn't include ratchets and stuff. Still don't understand why people want that stuff in a playboat which is going to be custom padded to fit them by the time they are finished setting it up :)