Paddling partner - South Lakes

Hook up with other paddlers
Cdavid63

Paddling partner - South Lakes

Post by Cdavid63 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi All,

I’m 41 years old and just starting out in kayaking, I did do some paddling a long time ago with the army but nothing since, with the exception of an introduction day with a local instructor this summer... I have just bought a Dagger Stratos, I used one on the introduction day and really liked it. My plan is to start on the lakes and in time work up to some coastal and multi-day expeditions and I just thought I’d see if there’s anyone local who might be experienced and want share their wisdom, or anyone else new who might want to learn with some company. I’m based near Kirkby Lonsdale but can travel anywhere in the lakes, most weekends... planning on going out on Coniston on Sunday if anyone fancies it?

Thanks,

Charlie.

jamiemagee

Re: Paddling partner - South Lakes

Post by jamiemagee » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm based in Ulverston. Give me a shout of you ever want to meet up. Check out Cumbria canoeists. They have a website as Facebook group and often run sea kayaking trips.

Cheers

Jamie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Cdavid63

Post by Cdavid63 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks Jamie, appreciate it... I’ve joined the Cumbria Canoeists Facebook group so will keep an eye on what’s coming up. Am planning on Coniston on Sunday morning if you fancy it, otherwise I’ll get in touch when I’m heading out again...

Thanks again,

Charlie.

jamiemagee

Post by jamiemagee » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Unfortunately I'm out in the canoe tomorrow so won't manage to get out on Sunday too. Have a good paddle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk