Inland paddling
Post Reply
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm
Location: Herefordshire
Been thanked: 1 time


Post by G7AFM » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:36 am

Who do you use for insurance looking for a rep co for 3rd party cover which will also include loss or damage to equipment on or of the water,
found a couple prices online quotes but the prices vary drastically from about £25 which says 100% cover for loss or damage ??????? to £90 which does not give much detail.

Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:21 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Insurance

Post by DaveB » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Can't help with choosing a particular broker or insurance company but whereever you end up you need to be clear what you want and what you are getting:
3rd party cover. How much cover? Cover needed/included for professional paddling or just for recreational? Geographic scope? All forms of paddlesport or just some?
Kit: Is cover "new for old" or just the depreciated value of the lost/damaged items? If it is depreciated value, what is the basis for calculating this? Excess? If fair wear and tear is not covered what is the scope of the exclusion? Risks covered to include theft in all/some/no circumstances?

I would expect a wide range of premiums reflecting a wide range of policy scope.

Post Reply