Best way to find more people to paddle with

Hook up with other paddlers
wickydilliams

Best way to find more people to paddle with

Post by wickydilliams » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Whats the best way of finding people to paddle Gd 4/4+ and maybe the odd gd 5 features? I've been a member of my local club for about 4 years for a while had a good small group of us wanting to push things a bit further and got to a stage where i'm confident on gd 4 rivers but life has got in the way for the rest of my mates (kids, travelling etc) and most of the others in the club are happy with grade 3/3+ rivers I need something a bit more.

I've met a few people outside the club that i manage to get out with every once in a while but I really want to expand that social circle of paddlers and friends but I really don't know where to start, can anyone recommend me to any groups they're part of on facebook or anything like that who are accepting of people they don't quite know? I know that's a big ask as you really have to trust the people you boat with but i'm at a loss on how to get out more and enjoy the sport i love.

By the way I'm based in the north east near York so can get to wales & the lake district with relative ease.

jmmoxon

Re: Best way to find more people to paddle with

Post by jmmoxon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Move closer to the rivers or talk to everyone you meet...

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

StillNewish

Post by StillNewish » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm in a fairly similar situation to you I think; as a starting point try the following FB group...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2144969222388910/

Cheers,
Colin

wickydilliams

Post by wickydilliams » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Thanks mate I'll check it out!

Dicky