Hi there!

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
djackfrench

Hi there!

Post by djackfrench » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:39 am

Hello all! I'm a french man and just arrived for 1 month (to 3 maybe!) in UK. My purpose is to start paddling in Corwall, then, to travel up to Scotland, doing sea-kayaking, moutainbiking, running-hiking and snorkling.
It would be nice to meet English paddlers!
so, I joined this forum, hoping it's the good one.
see you soon
Djack

mcgruff

Re: Hi there!

Post by mcgruff » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi. :)

Loch Coruisk on Skye is worth a visit either on foot or by kayak. The Cuillins are the remains of an ancient supervolcano and every bit as spectacular as that sounds.

Rhum and Eigg could also be added to make a great sea-kayak tour - weather & skills permitting.

Kris_D

Post by Kris_D » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Salut Djack,

You have a good plan! If you have time you might consider stopping over in N Wales as it has excellent paddling on Anglesey and various other places. There are many options and a good paddling community there so if you give a shout you'll almost certainly find locals to paddle with (I'll be happy to).

Kris

samc

Post by samc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi Djack, Welcome!
If you are still in Cornwall in 5 weeks time - I will be back from the States and would be up some cornish paddling with you.
;-)

djackfrench

Re:

Post by djackfrench » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm

thanks for advices.
Samc I don't know where I 'll be in 5 weeks. It would be nice to paddle with you. So keep in touch together!