Surf sit on's?

Riding the waves
anaconda

Surf sit on's?

Post by anaconda » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi and hello

Im getting onto all this after enjoying a few river and sea sessions recently. I'm after a sit on that will do well in moderate surf as well as be ok for longer leisurely stuff on river. I might progress to a 'proper' sit in later but just want to get my feet wet for now. The on-river bit seems simple enough as everything will be ok on still water! So its really about stability and a good laugh in the surf. After a bit research ive got a shortlist but would value the experience of those who've done a bit.

Ocean Frenzy
Feelfree Nomad
Perception Scooter
Cobra Strike

Let me know what you think. Ive got a budget of 250 plus a bit for accessories, which probably means im buying second hand.

thanks in advance

Mini2

Re: Surf sit on's?

Post by Mini2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:42 pm

I used to have one of them non branded site on top kayak you find on eBay it was great for long days on the river , I used to use it surfing at my local beach also , I did fit thigh straps which gave me more control ,

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

WagylDreaming

Post by WagylDreaming » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Very pleased with my Concept Glide 1+1 fishing sit on (now sold under Go Sea brand) - excellent in both sea and river conditions and very stable. Averaging 3mph which is good for a 10ft sit-on...

extremekayakfishing

Post by extremekayakfishing » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:58 pm

I would also add the Perception 5-0 to your list.Far better in the surf than all the others,a couple of our surf group have them.

G7AFM

Post by G7AFM » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:32 pm

just about to list an Islander calypso only used a handful of times looking for 200 quid or swap for a large playboat (95kg).

Had the ocean frenzy to start with but felt to be sitting to low & kept knocking hands on top of side wall so struck a deal for the islander only selling as not getting any use & gone back to a sit in.