WW SUP play spot close to Patterdale YHA?

North of the Severn drainage, west of the Pennines
7rivers

WW SUP play spot close to Patterdale YHA?

Post by 7rivers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 am

Spending a Sat/Sun staying at Patterdale YHA doing some easy walks with friends. But before taking off on the Sunday was wondering if there might be any spots close enough by to play on with my WW SUP board? Nothing flash, just for a bit of fun before long drive. Cheers.

banzer

Re: WW SUP play spot close to Patterdale YHA?

Post by banzer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:47 am

That's a tough one. You need some rain really. If so, go paddle the Greta down to Keswick. The Eden is the big river in those parts so maybe go and mess around at Armathwaite weir or something. Not really any playspots as such I can think of... where are you heading off to? Might be somewhere on the way?
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

7rivers

Post by 7rivers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:24 am

Yeh it seems any play spots are well hidden or found while doing a river run. Not so much park n' play. Heading back down to near Oxford to the outlaws. I have a little spot to play on near to Abingdon but thought if I could find something up there be good to mess about. Cheers Banzer.

jamiemagee

Post by jamiemagee » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Brathay pool near Ambleside maybe? Not exactly near though. There's a ww sup Facebook group created by Dave Hipwell who's local to that area. Maybe worth asking on there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

7rivers

Post by 7rivers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Cheers Jamie. I used to be a part of the UK WW SUP group on FB but am no longer on FB or in the country (living in Malawi)! Been on a couple of WW missions with the same crew. Great fun!

Return to “England - Northwest”