2018 Durance Festival Whitewater Sessions (July 6-8th)

Announce and discuss
kayaksession

2018 Durance Festival Whitewater Sessions (July 6-8th)

Post by kayaksession » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 am

Hi all,

The 2018 edition of the Durance Festival Whitewater Sessions will take place as usual the 1st weekend of July at the Rabioux campsite (Chateauroux Les Alpes).
(All info needed can be found here: http://durancefestival.com/?lang=en)

In short, the spirit of the Durance Festival is a gathering of all river and Paddlesports lovers (kayak, canoe, stand up paddle, raft).

The festival program includes a freestyle contest in two parts (wave + downriver), a river sup race (class2), and the “Grande Descente,” a multi-craft flotilla stoke-float on Sunday (with loads of prices!), clinics on Saturday (english speaking!), an open-air cinema on Saturday night, an exhibitor village to test and buy gear, and good spirited people!

It is a free festival, if you come and run your own program...

Clinics are super affordable (€ 15.00) to make sure price is a not an issue. ( Freeride, Ladies, Sup, Photography, Open Canoe, and Safety)

NB> if you come with non paddlers, they can either chill at the camp's swimming pool, enjoy the climbing wall, or take part of the whitewater discovery clinics (intro to rafting, sup and duckies). Kids accepted!

Booking is a plus if you want to secure your t-shirts, spots in clinics, and dinner!
> http://durancefestival.com/inscription/?lang=en

See you there...
The Organisers.

Dave Manby

Re: 2018 Durance Festival Whitewater Sessions (July 6-8th)

Post by Dave Manby » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:12 pm

I went last year - showed the Everest film - as Toon is a friend but it is a great festival. The Rabouix campsite is now a great campsite after a period of bad management. now the trees have grown there is shade the management is kayak friendly. The festival offers films guiding event and a social centre for paddlers. I thoroughly recommend it. (I can't make it this year which is a pity as the water levels will be great - I was there last weekend and everything had water in it and I had a bruised ribs from a mountain bike fall!) Raphael Thibaut has a new kayak shop at the bottom of the Guil to check out if you want to try a demo boat hire a boat buy a boat/paddle etc.