Walney island. South Lakes newbie

Hook up with other paddlers
Andybrown98021

Walney island. South Lakes newbie

Post by Andybrown98021 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to the sport. I've just turned 30 and wanted a new hobby so I've got myself a Dagger Axis 10.5.

I'm located on Walney island but I'm going to start on Windermere and coniston (lake District) just practising my strokes and work up to some exploration of the duddon estuary, hopefully being able to do a circumnavigation of Walney eventually.

I know very little about sea touring so would benefit from a paddle partner that could teach me a few routes and give sound advice. I've done a day course introduction to sea kayaking and I've had an inflatable canoe that I've used to paddle from Road island to the Ferry slipway;. So I'm not completely green but definitely have a lot to learn.

If anyone fancies some company out on the water then get in touch. I'm into football, fell walking, cricket, beers etc.

Andy.

jamiemagee

Re: Walney island. South Lakes newbie

Post by jamiemagee » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Andy,

I'm just down the road in Ulverston. As far as getting skilled and meeting people you can't go to wrong joining Duddon canoe club.

There are also a number of people in song of the paddle who often venture into the lakes myself included. All started with the canoe but have kayaks similar to yourself now.

If you fancy company drop me a message sometime. I've been paddling a few years now and started on an axis myself.

See you on the water,

Jamie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Andybrown98021

Post by Andybrown98021 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 am

Cheers for the advice. If I'm heading out I'll drop you a message.

Cumbria

Post by Cumbria » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi Andy,
Another Furness and Lakes paddler here. Based in Barrow I regularly paddle the Lakes and local coast, sometimes even with Mr Magee who I see has already said hello. Any time you fancy a paddle drop me a line.