When nature calls^

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
Mark R

When nature calls^

Post by Mark R » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:50 pm

Not sure if this has been seen here before...

http://www.useakayak.org/answer_nature.html

(warning - don't read before dinner)
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:29 pm

Charming! I especially enjoyed the graphic illustrations and descriptions!

Mike.

CaileanMac

Post by CaileanMac » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:39 pm

Wayne H does like to explain every little detail............... (just watch one of his videos)

This approach works out in the States but perhaps too much info for us reserved Brits ;-)

CaileanMac

councildog

Post by councildog » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:57 pm

Stuff that just let it go in your wetsuit.and get that warm leg feeling
great on a cold winter day(:-O)+<

capsized8

Oh Pooh!

Post by capsized8 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Dont know if all or any are familiar with this set up - works a treat.

Bring the 2 boats together alongside fore to aft.

The "poohist" takes the business end of his mates tow line and threads it through his mates bow loop and brings it back to his mate who then clips the tow line to the "poohists" stern loop and then takes in the slack until bow and stern are together. He then secures the towline to maintain this position. Then using a quick/short tow he secures it to his outer deck line and threads it under the inner deck lines of the 2 boats clipping the outer deck line of the "poohists" boat. This leaves a good platform with a bum friendly private gap inbetween the boats with little effort required to maintain it. It also leaves both day hatches very easy to get to for the "pooh tickets". Ideal if you are paddling with the fairer sex or just plain sensitive souls.

Potty training anyone! ;o)
peace and good padlin.

Bruce Jolliffe

Anacronym

Post by Bruce Jolliffe » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 pm

Am I the only person north of the border thats immature enough to have got a good giggle out of the three letter anacronym for the Female Urinary Device?

Anyway, I once watched a pal get his head down and paddle for shore, only to be sorely disappointed all of 20 yards from said shore. OK I am immature, I laughed for ages and wouldn't let him borrow my sponge.

Rich Best

Post by Rich Best » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:30 am

Maybe it explains this in the article - which I'll read in a minute - but can you tell me, Capsized8, who shoo's the pooh away from the sides of the kayaks, the pooist or his/her assistant? Or do you have to keep up some forward movement during the process to leave your... troubles behind? I wouldn't want skid marks, especially someone else's, on my feathercraft.

tee hee...

capsized8

Pooh

Post by capsized8 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:10 am

Rich Best wrote: I wouldn't want skid marks, especially someone else's, on my feathercraft.

tee hee...
Well one of the advantages of being supported by a rag boat is you don't need paper ;o) You could always keep a mop and bucket in the cockpit for the poohist to swob the decks and scrape off the "barnacles" after the event. Planks and cannons spring to mind if he doesn't co-operate.
peace and good padlin.

naefearjustbeer

Post by naefearjustbeer » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:30 pm

Whats wrong with ridding yourself of the excess ballast before you leave? Surely long trips dont have so much excitement that you need to poop more often.

ps a poohist sounds like a member of a strange cult or something else untoward!!