Allt Camgharaidh

Rivers 'near' Fort William
Kizzie_St-As

Allt Camgharaidh

Post by Kizzie_St-As » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Last edited by Mark R on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Done a Scottish river not on the site? Message me!

Neptune

Re: Allt Camgharaidh

Post by Neptune » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 am

Went to paddle this on Sunday(15.04.2017) paddling across the Loch in a force 5 wind. Unfortunately it was on the low side when we got over there and needed another 6 inches of water to make it viable to paddle rather than scrape down, another foot and it would have been a fast run down with plenty of fun.

The Gleann Cia-aig and the Allt Mhuic levels appeared to be good with plenty of water in both them, so I was a little disappointed when we got there and found the water level we did. However, that said being another 8 miles or so up the Loch and on the other side the glen it is in obviously has its own micro-climate. this is one I will definitely make an effort to go back to paddle as it looks like a smashing little river.

There was no evidence of anyone else having been up there at all and you are in true ancient Caledonian forest making the scenery and the feeling of isolation worth the effort to get there. The final grade 5 fall, which Andy Jackson called Grizzly, looks pretty hideous but with more water will open up a line(s) on the left to slide down the slab. Have walked up and inspected whilst we were there, I can report that we did not see any trees blocking the run at present.

This is one I will definitely make an effort to go back to paddle as it looks like a smashing little river.

Peter A. Kelly