Anyone seen...

Downtime deviants
Darekish

Re: Anyone seen...

Post by Darekish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Putty,

If I sell will depend a lot on if it works for me or not. I have just completed the fitting out by adding a foam foot block, foam seat pad, and a short (45cm long) bock between the legs just in front of the cockpit (more took up too much of the foot room). I also managed to get into her in the garden although its a bit tight as i get in at my hips (for me its certainly a boat for wearing a pair of thin shorts only on my legs!) until i am in the cockpit when it’s a lot wider and fine. In fact once I’m in its amazingly comfortable although my legs are straighter than normal in a kayak because of the limited depth of the boat at the knee bumps. The next step is to float her - hopefully this weekend and critically to test a wet exit with someone on hand in case it’s just too tight to get out easily. If that goes ok and she sits at an acceptable level in the water then I will keep her, if not I will sell her.

Cost to date on the project has been roughly as follows:
Purchase of boat £30
Materials - Fiberglass / Resin / Gel Coats etc. Inc. shipping £220
Sandpaper and other consumables £30

Given this i would need to sell for at least £280 to get my costs back and ideally i would want to make a tiny bit on top of that for my hard work, so I would probably be looking for offers in the range of £350-£400 although thats not a firm view yet.

andyfx

Post by andyfx » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 pm

If anyone is looking for boats, theres a couple in this area, one is a projet, it's been re-sprayed dark blue on the top bright green on the bottom, I think theyare looking for about £100.for This boat, the other boat, not sure what it is, may need some work. It's at a local club, so if anyone is interested they can PM me and I will send them a club details,
Andy

Darekish

Post by Darekish » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm

This boat is now for sale as whilst I can fit her and overall volume is just ok (pretty sinky at my weight) I'm too tall and the balance point is thus too far back meaning she won't sit level,in the water for me.

Price £325 onn for a fantastic refurbished boat.

Darekish

Post by Darekish » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Reduced to £275 Ono.