Kayak hire inland Scotland

Inland paddling
madfish83

Kayak hire inland Scotland

Post by madfish83 »

I'm hoping this is in the correct thread...

Can anyone recommend anywhere for overnight kayak hire in Scotland please. I'm looking to do an overnight trip on one of the lochs so some kind of touring kayak as opposed to a playboat that I'm used to paddling. I can canoe but I'm far more competent in a kayak.
I'll be travelling from Keswick to Arisaig/Oban and I can stop anywhere on route for a night or two. I've been googling for a bit but most places appeared to be geared towards beginners wanting a a bit of fun for an hour or two.

Any recommendations welcomed. Thanks

Sean_soup

Re: Kayak hire inland Scotland

Post by Sean_soup »

How about renting a plastic sea kayak? Possibly a bit longer than the touring kayak you might have in mind, but well suited for a longer paddle with an overnight stop on a loch somewhere.

If you'll be passing through Oban anyway, this seems like the obvious call: https://www.seakayakoban.com/rental-prices/

madfish83

Post by madfish83 »

That's definitely a consideration thanks. I'd probably look for somewhere further South to hire to save me driving it back up but yes, a consideration hiring a sea kayak instead thank you.

bigwheel

Post by bigwheel »

Tiso outdoor shop do kayak hire..Check them out - branches in Edinburgh and Glasgow as well as others places further north

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”