What size Reed spray skirt fits a Romany Surf?

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
HudsonKayaker

What size Reed spray skirt fits a Romany Surf?

Post by HudsonKayaker »

Hi I just got a Surf and I was wondering if anyone knew which keyhole size I should get for a Reed skirt since the NDK keyhole size (Keyhole B) that Reed suggests is listed for the Explorer and Romany classic and the Surf has a bigger cockpit.

Does Keyhole B still fit for the Surf or do people go with another size?

Many thanks in advance!

Mark Graham

Re: What size Reed spray skirt fits a Romany Surf?

Post by Mark Graham »

If you send Reed a paper template of your cockpit they will give you the size to match or make one specifically if necessary - I've always found them very helpful. Worth a phone call first.

Sean_soup

Post by Sean_soup »

Mark Graham wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:11 am
If you send Reed a paper template of your cockpit they will give you the size to match or make one specifically if necessary - I've always found them very helpful. Worth a phone call first.
I'm pretty sure it is "Keyhole B", but not quite confident enough to say the OP should deffo go with that.

In general I would echo the above, certainly for a home made boat or something a bit obscure, but they're not going to need a template sending for a Surf.
Either give them a shout, or just tick the "Not Sure" box for size while ordering online and comment to let them know what boat it needs to fit.

ICR

Post by ICR »

We ordered one from them two weeks ago and we sent them all the NDK cockpit measurements from the NDK brochure at the link below:

https://www.seakayakinguk.com/images/do ... mation.pdf

Page 60

Delivered spraydeck was a perfect fit and was for the Romany Surf (Carbon Kevlar)