Nevis Falls Backwards photo

Inland paddling
God

Nevis Falls Backwards photo

Post by God »

Howdy good people.

I was just googling myself for totally legitimate reasons when I saw a link to a photo of me running Nevis falls backward many many many moons ago. I have been searching for this photo on and off for eons after a badly time computer and external hard drive accident. Due to the age of the post the photo was not actually there but inspired me to try again.

So does anyone have a photo of an about 17 year old (that will be 15ish years ago) Jak in what I think I remember as borrowed yellow trigger beautifully backward halfway down nevis falls because I would love to have it. Unfortunately my long addled brain can not remember who was there or why I was there. Really its quite impressive I remember my own name. Though I can distinctly remember why I was backwards.

So help me relive my glory days track down the photo I can once remembered being referred to as 'surely that's tim trew paddling up nevis falls'.

Jak

Chris Bolton

Re: Nevis Falls Backwards photo

Post by Chris Bolton »

If you have the address in the link, you might find the archive version of the site on archive.org and if you're lucky the picture might have been archived there as well.

God

Post by God »

Alas, once again my hopes were dashed! But thanks for the idea.

Poke

Post by Poke »

I don't know if this helps, but the 2nd photo linked here: viewtopic.php?p=262745#p262745 is the photo in question. I've no idea whose account it was linked from though.

EDIT1: Although this: search.php?keywords=http%3A%2F%2Fimg505 ... 477ur6.jpg is every instance where it has appeard on this site. Maybe have a look through those posts to see whose photo it actually was?

EDIT2: I thought I remembered seeing that line in person. I did!

EDIT3: Original photographer appears to be Justin Gale if you look at this post:
justin-g wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:18 pm
{img}http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9374 ... 6.jpg{/img}

Hey isn't that MY photo???
Try a PM?!

Post it here if you do ever find it again. It was a cracking line :-D
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

God

Post by God »

super detective work! Thank you!

I think ive managed to find him on fb as he hasn't been on here in 6 years. Least I hope its him. Otherwise a random justin gale has got a very confusing message!

The hunt continues!

banzer

Post by banzer »

Enjoyed a trip down memory lane via Tim's links! Shame most of the photo links are broken now, but in some cases, maybe that's a good thing. Justin-G should get back to you via FB. Apparently you, me, him and various others were in the hot tub at the after party...... twas a good weekend! :)
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

God

Post by God »

I dimly recall! Good times!

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”