Removing a P&H seat

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
WillG

Removing a P&H seat

Post by WillG »

I'm trying to remove the seat in my P&H Sirius so that I can replace it with a foam one and hopefully prevent dead legs. I've removed the bolts and the seat is now loose in the cockpit, just not loose enough. I've tried twisting and bending every which way I can but it isn't coming out.

Anyone managed this? I saw a previous post where someone ended up cutting it in half. I'm reluctant to do that...just yet. All advice welcome.

Thanks

GEOFF S

Re: Removing a P&H seat

Post by GEOFF S »

I recall getting the seat out of my Quest with difficulty, brute force and much cursing. If there was an easy procedure, I didn't find it. More thugishness is my only suggestion

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

I'd drop an email to P&H and ask how they put them in. Unless they do it before they put the cockpit rim on (which I think would make other things more difficult), it should be reversible.

WillG

Post by WillG »

Seat is now removed after some brute force, uncomfortable grating sounds and only a minor chip to the old seat. Thanks for the advice. I made a call to my local dealer and was assured that they are indeed just a very tight fit and they often resort to a hammer when changing seats.

I'm now moulding a foam seat and back rest and hoping to go on a test run tomorrow.

Thanks again.