Paddle the Missouri River - USA

Announce and discuss
Dave Guittar

Paddle the Missouri River - USA

Post by Dave Guittar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:45 am

Hi fellow paddlers,
In July 2020 the Missouri River Paddlers are having their second 5 year meet. We will paddle on the "Missouri River National Park" for 7 days. I just got a notion to invite some guests. There is no cost, but you must pay for yourself.
On the last trip we had about 75 members. This is not a competitive paddle. On the Missouri from Ft. Peck South Dakota to Souix City Iowa
This will be the 2nd Missouri River Paddlers Rendezvous. Paddle with some of the big legends who've paddled the entire Missouri and Mississippi rivers. Some have done both and I know one that did both and then she went up to alaska to do the Yukon alone. My friend Mark might come, he’s done the Amazon and I think he walked the Sahara Desert. We will meet and camp for 8 days along one of the most beautiful section of the Missouri river.
This is definitely the coolest part of the river. It remains the way it was 100 years ago, unchanneled. There is the lake.
If you attended the 2015 Rendezvous you know how amazing it was to spend with such a great family of river rats.
Stay tuned for more information as this unfolds.
We will post info on shuttles, camping, logistics, raffles, pot-luck BBQ, Live Music, awards ceremony and paddlers roast later.
Our 2015 Rendezvous had 75 padders from 13 states and 5-countries!
See you next year!
I have a few canoes, but boats can be rented...........Dave ....FishinFreddies@gmail.com ....FB David Guittar

Return to “Dates and Events”