new kayak brands

Inland paddling
feelingjustfine

new kayak brands

Post by feelingjustfine » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm

After taking a few years away from boating I am finally back on the water. Need to get a new creeker for winter time fun but am unsure about a few of these new brands, seems things have moved on since the days of the dragorossi fish...

Can anyone tell me any gossip eg if certain brands are making boats out of cheese plastic etc about the following brands... Titan, Waka, Spade, lettman, zet, exo. I am liking the look of the titan creek boats. Anybody got any feed back on them. customer services etc?

cheers
dam the dart :)

Poke

Re: new kayak brands

Post by Poke » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Good to see you back :-) Sadly UKRGB is much less active these days — I think facebook has taken over just because it is so accessible.

Afraid I'm a bit out of the loop with the 'recent' wave of boats from the newer manufacturers (Pyranha all the way for me!).

Hopefully someone can help you anyway!
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

Strad

Post by Strad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm

haven't tried Titan, but Lettman and Zet have some great boats, and good reputations.
Old School?? I miss my AQII..
Graham Stradling

countvoncount

Post by countvoncount » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:51 pm

The Exo and Zet plastic feels like it has more flex, but I am not sure this means it breaks more easily (the opposite could also be true). They both have a good reputation, I believe, as does Lettmann; and I have heard that Zet's warranty is very good. Waka's first generation of boats were apparently prone to splitting but the boats are now being manufactured in Italy (possibly by Dragorossi). I have a feeling Spade boats are also manufactured out-of-house, by either Exo or Dragorossi. My general sense is that the plastic is less hit-and-miss than it was ten years ago, regardless of manufacturer (i.e. they have all made quality-control improvements). Prijon's plastic is probably still the most hard-wearing.

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Spade are made by blow moulded process like Prijon so should be stronger

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”