A Level Design Engineering Paddling

Inland paddling
Avspotter

A Level Design Engineering Paddling

Post by Avspotter » Mon May 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi all,

Linked below is a survey on paddling; it's for my A Level Design Engineering research since I'm looking to make something that solves a problem within paddlesport. It would be great if you could fill it out for me - it takes less than 2 minutes to complete, and every piece of data is super helpful for me.
A bit of context on me - I've got my paddlesport instructor, but am primarily a sailing instructor, so please excuse me if some of the questions are slightly odd for paddlesport!

Thanks so much
Harry

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... 5SWUhZVi4u

Mal Grey

Re: A Level Design Engineering Paddling

Post by Mal Grey » Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 pm

Done, and good luck with your project.

As a sailor, I guess you couldn't help but chuck the last question in, even though it appears entirely unrelated to the rest of them :)

Avspotter

Post by Avspotter » Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am

Haha yes! I'd love to do something on kayak/canoe sailing but if there's no market there, I guess I can't Thanks so much for your response

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton » Wed May 29, 2019 11:01 am

Done. Some questions were a bit unclear, like the one about aiding progress on a day trip - not sure what that was getting at (mapping, engines, more efficient boat/paddle?). It also seems to depend very much on what I choose as my most used craft; solo open, tandem open and sea kayak are about evens at the moment but I had to pick one. Asking why one wouldn't cook in a kayak does suggest you're thinking in sailing boat mode.

Robert Craig

Post by Robert Craig » Wed May 29, 2019 11:21 am

Done. I wonder whther you might get more usdeful replies in response to posting this on the sea kayak forum?

UKRGB Moderator

Post by UKRGB Moderator » Wed May 29, 2019 12:14 pm

I wonder whther you might get more usdeful replies in response to posting this on the sea kayak forum?
The owner/moderators of the site discourage cross posting, ie, the same post on multiple forums. It leads to fragmented discussion and, as you've demonstrated, sea kayakers will probably see it here.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”