3 Peaks By Kayak

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
LifeAfloat

3 Peaks By Kayak

Post by LifeAfloat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi Folks,

All being well, on May 7th I'll depart from Outward Bound Loch Eil, close to Fort William and kayak solo to Aberdovey in mid-Wales, ascending the peaks of Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon on the way. I hope to climb Snaefell on the IOM, if the weather allows me to use the island as a stepping stone between Scotland and Cumbria. I'm raising money for a small charity called Odyssey which provides outdoor activity courses for people with cancer.

Details about the venture and the charity I'm supporting can be found here: http://www.lifeafloat.co.uk/the-three-peaks-by-kayak/

I will sincerely appreciate your support either through generous donations or simply by spreading the word by sharing the link to my page. If anyone would like to meet up with me, this will be wonderful. I have a YB Tracker and you'll see my hourly position by following the link on the web page above.

Thanks very much and best wishes,

Nick

seawolf856

Re: 3 Peaks By Kayak

Post by seawolf856 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Hope you've got a plastic boat, the slate on Snowdon will play havoc with a gel coat :-)
Seriously - what a fantastic challenge and a great cause. Good luck with the weather gods and the fund raising.

Mark R

Post by Mark R » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:35 pm

Sounds great, have a fun adventure.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

ron-t

Post by ron-t » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi

Have a good trip - an awful lot of years ago, as a teenager, I did a 3 week outward bound course at Loch Eil outward bound centre, all paid for by Glasgow council - no idea if they still send people there. We did kayaking in Loch Eil, and lots of trips up mountains.

I think the centre was run by Toc-H at the time.