Scottish Sea Kayak Symposium & Dogs

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
Northern Blue

Scottish Sea Kayak Symposium & Dogs

Post by Northern Blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Heading up to Skye in May for 6 days of SSKS glorious weather, beautiful scenery, stunning paddles and no midges whatsoever, not a single one, not even a sniff of one.... I can dream can't I ? (Skye midges absolutely adore this pale southern blood).

As I'm likely to be touring before and after the symposium, I will be bringing my Labrador along and I'm trying to find a local dog sitting service for the longer days. He's fine for half day stuff, but all day in the camper isn't fair on him.
I've found kennels at Aird, but from their website it looks as if they only provide full overnight kennelling. I'm awaiting a reply from them.

Has anyone done anything similar, or know of someone local to the venue at the Gaelic College, that offers a daytime dog sitting service.

Ken.

baggins

Re: Scottish Sea Kayak Symposium & Dogs

Post by baggins » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi Ken, not sure if its of any use, but we've used Short Bark and Sides in Arisaig. Megan there is great, but she does only do day care.
Found her on Facebook.

Dyllon

Post by Dyllon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Suggest you join the "Skye Free Ads" Facebook group and ask on there. I know of a couple of dog sitting services but they are based in the North (Dunvegan and Earlish).

R.

Northern Blue

Post by Northern Blue » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 am

Dyllon wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:42 pm
Suggest you join the "Skye Free Ads" Facebook group and ask on there. I know of a couple of dog sitting services but they are based in the North (Dunvegan and Earlish).

R.
After a number of recommendations on Skye Free Ads for the kennels at Aird, I managed to get hold of the owner and she confirmed that she provides a daytime service as well as full kennelling, so all is good.... Thanks.