Freya Hoffmeister - seriously generous and Thinking Bigger!

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
RickC

Freya Hoffmeister - seriously generous and Thinking Bigger!

Post by RickC » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 pm

I went to listen to Freya Hoffmeister at Weymouth Sailing Academy on Friday evening. Interesting presentation and she is indeed remarkable.

However, what she did at the end of the evening deserves the highest recognition - she donated her full profits of the evening event to the RNLI. This was more than a gesture - it was a lot of money.

So she really does "Think Bigger". She's just put her hand in her back pocket in a big way, despite turning down a previous invitation to become an RNLI ambassador. Hats off to Freya because she deserves respect. If you get a chance to attend her presentation, go along and see if you can work out what makes her tick.

Also, thanks to Steve Jones (Southern Sea Kayaks) for organising the whole event. It wouldn't have happened with you Steve and nice to see the pretty Romanys and Pilgrims on the nice new trailer!

Cheers, Rick

Stoney Mike

Re: Freya Hoffmeister - seriously generous and Thinking Bigger!

Post by Stoney Mike » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:02 am

Does anyone have any info on where she will be giving her talk in Aberdeen? The website just says 23rd Feb, organiser Lyle Smith, but no time or venue.

Hamish

Post by Hamish » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:13 am

I went to see her in Stackpole tonight. Well worth it and I would recommend going if you can. An amazing trip and a great presentation. She is also engagingly straight forward, modest and likable.

Spikeedog

Post by Spikeedog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Stoney Mike wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:02 am
Does anyone have any info on where she will be giving her talk in Aberdeen? The website just says 23rd Feb, organiser Lyle Smith, but no time or venue.
I contacted Granite Adventures via FB who were organising it and they couldn't find a reasonably priced venue. Pity, I might have been able to get one in or near Aberdeen....

Stoney Mike

Post by Stoney Mike » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks Spikeedog, shame. If only my living room was a bit (a lot) bigger...