Llangollen adventure talks

Announce and discuss
Dave Manby

Llangollen adventure talks

Post by Dave Manby » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:25 pm

ADVENTURE TALKS.

These are a series of winter talks in Llangollen open to anyone and are really a casual gathering for people to tell their stories of their adventures. Given my background we have an preponderance of paddling talks and would welcome talks form people on other adventures: walks, climbs, bike rides, caves explored, etc. Occasionally paddlers visit the UK with a great lecture and I seem to get roped in to organise their tour and they will be fitted in to our schedule as an extra Bonus event. To pay their fees we charge £5 a head for all shows and save the money for the big name shows.

Upcoming shows.

December 13th 2017.

Justine Curvengen  "Sea kayaking the world."

Back in the Bridge End. £8 a ticket this time I'm afraid! One of the foremost women sea kayak paddlers. I saw her show a few years ago at the Kendal Film Festival - a stunning show. She makes a great effort whilst on her trips to get the film and photos that make her after the trip show. Justine lives in the USA these days and so this is a rare opportunity to see her show.

January 20th 2018. 

Olaf Obsomner and his film about the recently completed expedition in Tajikistan. Olaf is a professional film maker and he pays his paddlers to come on his expeditions which sounds great for the paddlers till you realise that this also means he can tell them to wait till he has set up his shot and got his cameras into place. This means his films are far better than the average bunch of go-pro edited together.