Anyone tried Kari-tek easy load roof bars or Thule slidebars?

Inland paddling
Rjo103

Anyone tried Kari-tek easy load roof bars or Thule slidebars?

Postby Rjo103 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Has anyone tried Kari-tek easy load, or Thule slidebars?

I have just got a higher car and loading 4 WW kayaks doesn't look as easy as it used to be!

Mark Gawler
Site Admin

Re: Anyone tried Kari-tek easy load roof bars or Thule slidebars?

Postby Mark Gawler » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:35 pm

Sea Kayakers are big users of Kari-tek easy load, they seem to be a Marmite bit of kit. I hate the look of them, I find the aerodynamics offensive, but I'm about of buying one as they are the best solution for loading more than one sea boat on to a van. If you were to load 4 WW boats It would probably be a two man lift to get it on to the roof, you would need to check with Kari-kek about fitting uprights as I don't think standard upright would fit.
Mark Gawler

car

Postby car » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:35 pm

I bought Thule sliders for my small van. Couldn't lift my sea kayak onto them on my own. I don't think they solve the problem of lifting heavy awkward loads to a height.Had to give up on them and got a Karitek. Extremely easy to load sea kayak (only need to lift it 1 metre from ground).Am about to start using it to load an open boat as well. I do know some people don't like Karitek ,but I have never met a female who has not raved about them.Maybe if you need them to be able to paddle independently any disadvantages seem trivial.If your'e strong enough to have other options you can afford to be more picky.(I'm a little old woman). If you phone Karitek I'm sure they'll give you good advice

Steve Whetman

Postby Steve Whetman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:57 pm

The other option is the Zoelzer Hublift system, see a video of it in use here, scroll to the bottom of the page: http://www.whetmanequipment.com/videos.html

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”