3rd Annual Whitewater Photography Championship

Inland paddling
darinm

3rd Annual Whitewater Photography Championship

Post by darinm » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:59 pm

For those of you that enjoy whitewater photographs the third annual contest is about to begin, we generally get some fantastic entries, and if you wan't to join in the mix, even better. The event moved to the fall this year as there is too much kayaking to do in California during the spring...hopefully at least, and we're off to a good start for snowpack this year.

http://darinmcquoid.com/photocomp2015.html

SimonMW

Re: 3rd Annual Whitewater Photography Championship

Post by SimonMW » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:46 pm

That's great. I always enjoy seeing this. Will you be putting up the email address and size/format you want the photos submitted in?

ion

Post by ion » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Last years comp had 1000pixels horizontal and 800 vertical as the minimum picture sizes. Submitted pictures large than that were scaled to comply. JPEG is the format they will be loaded onto the competition website but there has never been any stipulation as to your submission format. Clearly if you want the most control then you should submit your pictures ready-to-use by this criteria. I would expect that every competitor will receive an email once there application for entry has been accepted listing this years rules/criteria.
-Ian

darinm

Post by darinm » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Yeah the email address will go up once all the entry spots are taken. I tried having it up at the same time last year, but kayakers tend to be "independent thinkers" and entries were going to the wrong email. I was considering doing 1200x900px this year as monitor sizes keep growing, but it will make the pages slower to load. I'm happy to hear feedback on the size of images, since this is all just made up as we go ;)

sarajames

Annual Whitewater Photography Competition

Post by sarajames » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:36 pm

I entered last year, got knocked out straight away, but really enjoyed reading the feedback and the seeing the continuous high calibre of white water photography from the other contestants.

I am hoping to enter again this year and think there may be a few places. It costs $5 now which given the prizes is not too bad, but all is more about the fun or it. Either way may be worth following Darin's site if you want to see some great white water photos ( and maybe even one or two ok ones of mine).

Happy boating.

Sara

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”