Highlights this year include:
- Coastal Canoing with Jules Burnard
- A Day of Coastal Play with Ray (Goodwin)
- C-Boat Coaching with Kelvin Horner and friends
- River Rescue & Incident Management for Canoeists - with Chris Onions and Tim Bird
- Tracking, Foraging, Natural Navigation and Bushcraft with Richard Prideaux
- Lightweight Tripping with Hammocks for Trad boaters and C-Boaters with Mat Howes
- “Mythbusting” and “Does Leadership Exist” with Dave Kohn-Hollins
- Canoe Sailing with the Open Canoe Sailing Group
- Advanced Solo Canoe with Greg Spencer and/or Matt Blackwell
- “Positive Framing” with Andy Oughton
- “Double-loops… goals, actions & feedback” with Caroline Carr
Our core programme is for all ages and abilities - a mix of sessions and trips and including one very special treat. Check out what Manzo Alejandro Cordero is bringing along...
Of course, we're staying completely on canoeing and canoe-culture for the rest - starting with Saturday as a “fun day” centred on an exclusive access arrangement for Lynn Brenig.
Sessions starting at 9.30am, 11am, 1.30pm and 3.00pm and will cover:
- Better backwards paddling
- Getting up wind with sit-n-switch
- Maintaining Momentum through Turns
- Standing Tall with a Big Stick
- Rafting for Paddling in the Wind
- Variations on the J Stroke
- Lining along the shore to get upwind
- Towing - tricks and tips
- The wet end and the dry end - and linking the two!
- Rafting for Sailing Downwind
- Self-Rescue and All-in Rescues
Sunday's Core Programme highlight will be a a gentle tour on the Conwy, starting on the river and finishing on the outgoing tide through the estuary - click on this photo for Loel Collin's view:
In addition, the Sunday Core will include:
- Outfitting Your Canoe
- Intermediate Solo - Basic Skills Review
- Improver Solo - Sideways and Backwards
- Intermediate Solo - Next Steps
- Forward Paddling Clinic - Improvers
- Intermediate Tandem - Basic Skills Review
- Improver / Intermediate Tandem - Sideways and Backwards
- Deepwater Rescues with Tripping Kit
Monday's core activities are as following:
- Independent play on the Dee at Llangollen Outdoors (AKA Mile End Mill)
- River trip on the lower Dee – finishing in Chester
- A jaunt over the stunning Pontcysyllte Aquaduct (Llangollen)
Beyond the above, we have chosen a great base in North Wales which offers you scope if you'd like to just spend some of your time away from the Canoefest!
We are working on additional early-evening activities and activities for youngsters.
We are also looking for volunteers to give us options other than canoeing - anything from local walks to a bit of rock climbing would be good given that Snowdonia is on our doorstep!
Details will be edited in here.
Now the really good news: booking is online.
If you've not yet joined or renewed your membership at our newly reduced rates and want to attend AS a member (not compulsory) please use the following link to do that first:
Online Booking Form!
Please get in touch if you have any queries - email@example.com / via other channels.
Ps. Details of the AGM can be found here.