LEAD MINES CLOUGH

North of the Severn drainage, west of the Pennines
Jim Pullen

LEAD MINES CLOUGH

Post by Jim Pullen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Done any NE/NW rivers not on the site? PM me!

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Re: LEAD MINES CLOUGH

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Just like to say, we ran this a week back, the pool with the big vertical freefall drop (not the slide where you put in) has had some rocks ove arround in the bas of the drop. The pool is far from 'soft'. Jump in the pool and take a look yourselves if your running it.

woodsy

Post by woodsy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:31 pm

As far as I know, its always had a rocky base. no plunge pool at the bottom of this one.

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:28 pm

woodsy wrote:As far as I know, its always had a rocky base. no plunge pool at the bottom of this one.
Yeah, there use to be the left to right, dropping on an edge sideways move landing flat, landing in about 6-7 foot of water when high. Sketchy, but do-able.

In the pool above, there use to be some largeish boulders, these are no longer there and must have moved to the base of the drop in recent floods. There was also some rocks at the edge of the lunge pool, thses have also shifted. Putting the two together, the pool sems to be alot shallower in places and is even less invting than before!

Gaz Madyaker

Post by Gaz Madyaker » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi All I wrote the original Guide to this River in the White Water Lake District- (which has Lancashire rivers in) and the Bottom Drop I would definitely not recommend as it has always only been knee deep I will try and attach some pics.

Gaz Madyaker

Gaz Madyaker

Post by Gaz Madyaker » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Also You got to make sure you can stop before you go over the last Drop as difficult to stop I had to have someone there to Grab onto- Be Carefull. Also the section after the Drop is Paddleable. Walk down to the next bridge and it theres a short section which starts with a drop and then a big cobbled slide.Gaz Madyaker.

Gaz Madyaker

Post by Gaz Madyaker » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Gaz Madyaker

Post by Gaz Madyaker » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Gaz Madyaker

Post by Gaz Madyaker » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey Gaz,

I guess by 'bottom drop' that's the 25ftish drop???

There is a tree at the bottom of it as well now which adds an added danger. Whilst that is in there, it;s not even worth contemplating.

The bottom drop, which splits around a rock then off a 6ft vertical drop is pretty sweet. Rocks aren't really a big issue, but whatever suits on the day. This drop makes for great after work sessions!!!

Here's a 'base level' for the bottom drop below...

Return to “England - Northwest”