Cumbria

Hook up with other paddlers
jonty4

Cumbria

Post by jonty4 »

Hi, getting my first creeking boat soon, just wondering if anyone around the workington area does creeking/river running as I have nobody to go with as of yet and this is no good for safety reasons haha thanks, Jonty

snuggle_bunny

Re: Cumbria

Post by snuggle_bunny »

hi jonty- am based in kendal but can get to the lakes as i have transport. i mainly kayak in the windermere/ coniston area. there is a whitehaven based canoe club -
http://www.copelandcanoe.org.uk/

snuggle_bunny

Post by snuggle_bunny »

sorry- I forgot summat. There are 2 facebook sites for canoeing in the north west- facebook.com/northwest kayakers and facebook.com lakes weeday paddlers

loads of folk on there and usualy someone about doing something

Debs Perry

Post by Debs Perry »

Hey Jonty,

I am keen to get some boating done, esp with all this rain! I am based near Appleby/Penrith. Have you managed to find a local crew?

Debs.

Wadhamite

Post by Wadhamite »

Slightly off (apologies!): Can anyone recommend somewhere in the South Lakes region that hires out white water boats? Surely it's not all sit on tops...
LV induction guide: http://tmblr.co/ZIurAvTdASgQ

Debs Perry

Post by Debs Perry »

http://www.edenvalleyadventures.co.uk/

These guys have some pretty decent boats to rent i think. Not sure where they are based though.

Bradburts

Post by Bradburts »

Debs Perry wrote:Hey Jonty,

I am keen to get some boating done, esp with all this rain! I am based near Appleby/Penrith. Have you managed to find a local crew?

Debs.
Hi,
I am in Keswick for one week Sat 25th Aug if there is a trip going.

'Billy no mates'.

snuggle_bunny

Post by snuggle_bunny »

damn- just got back off holiday but can make the lakes pm if you're about

jonty4

Post by jonty4 »

ive not found anyone yet guys but i wont have all my gear for another couple months which is a bit of a bumer but i'll PM you lot as soon as i get my stuff together thanks for the help guys :D

snuggle_bunny

Post by snuggle_bunny »

i got a spare ex outdoar centre kayak, deck and paddle you can borrow if you get really stuck for a paddle- im in kendal but can travel and meet up if youre stuck

jonty4

Post by jonty4 »

snuggle_bunny wrote:I got a spare ex outdoar centre kayak, deck and paddle you can borrow if you get really stuck for a paddle- im in kendal but can travel and meet up if youre stuck
Cheers broo, i dont even have a boat at the minute :/ hahah

happytrekker

Post by happytrekker »

Hi, come and see us, Copeland Canoe Club, we've plenty of members who are from the west cumbria area, very into river running. We're in Copeland pool, Tuesdays 8pm to 10pm. Or check out the website, www.copelandcanoe.org.uk
Hope to see you there.

Return to “Paddling Partners”